During these very trying times we at Moloney’s want to assure you that we have taken every precaution to provide a safe environment for you and your loved ones. Our locations are cleaned and sanitized daily and we continue to follow best practices for social distancing and safety.
In accordance with Executive Order 202.17 (which requires any individual over age two, and able to medically tolerate a face-covering, be required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place) we are required to follow this mandate or risk being shut down; therefore, all individuals entering our funeral home will be asked to wear a face mask or cloth face covering.
We ask that you advise your visitors that masks must be worn at all times in the funeral home. The following steps will be taken should visitors refuse to wear a mask or cloth face covering.
- Our staff will remind all visitors not wearing masks of our policy
- Should they refuse to wear a face mask, our staff will let the family know that a visitor or visitors are not following the policy
- Any visitor or family member who refuses to wear a mask will not be permitted to enter or will be asked to leave the building.
By following this simple policy, we can provide a safe and peaceful environment for you to celebrate the life of your loved one.
We are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, and following CDC, state, and local health guidelines for funeral homes. Here’s what you need to know:
- We are diligent in our response to ensure the well-being of our staff, the families we serve, and the Long Island community. At this point, services are continuing – with modifications.
- The CDC has recommended we limit attendance in the funeral home to 50% max occupancy. We ask you to please be mindful of the situation, and we thank you for your patience as we work to safeguard the wellness of every guest.
- Our restrooms are fully stocked with antibacterial soap and air dryers.
- If your family needs to meet with our staff, we can do so by phone or email if you would feel more comfortable.
- At a funeral, it is natural to show you care by shaking hands, hugging, and gathering close together. We are reminding everyone to limit personal contact and give appropriate distance to others in attendance.
- We are diligently cleaning all high-touch surfaces, including all door handles, faucets, countertops, toilets, and water fountains.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home while keeping in mind there will be opportunities in the future to visit with loved ones and express condolences.
- We are trained, educated, and responsible when handling those who have died. Let us assure you that we are providing the same dignified and exceptional care we are known for – now and in the days ahead.
- Funeral or memorial services held at our Moloney Family Funeral Homes can be recorded and viewed later. This allows families to pay tribute to their loved one with the opportunity for others to watch remotely from the comfort of home.
It is our honor to serve you,
The Moloney Family